Developing and assessing policy
impact of specific government agency policy changes on GSE seller servicers and GSE investors.
Developed and implemented regional bank hedge accounting policy.
Evaluated the impact of privacy laws and regulations recommending an appropriate GSE governance
policy and processes for anti-money laundering compliance. Re-mediated European Entity clients
interacting with auditors and regulators.
Advised foreign government housing officials on the development of primary mortgage market and possible
development of secondary mortgage market.
Defined and implemented management supervision policy for global business lines meeting
local Regulator requirements.
policy and implemented new regulatory processes related to Equity trading - Reg SHO and NMS.
* Defined and implemented Investment Bank Loan Trading
mark to market policy.
Creating and executing business and IT strategy
* Advised hedge funds on complete mortgage
market life cycle. The assessment included origination, underwriting, servicing,
valuation, the state of the secondary market, and an outlook of the secondary mortgage.
Developed residential loan portfolio strategy including assessment of holding or selling into
* Expanded GSE trading desk early funding offerings
that improved secondary mortgage market competitiveness.
a major GSE IT organization in implementing COBIT and ITIL in response to Sarbanes-Oxley
* Evaluated investment bank expenses against business
need to reduce direct operating expenses (non-comp) by $25 million.
* Led business profitability review for mature business,
more than doubling returns in a period of declining fees.
* Designed and created new banking business lines,
generating revenues from $10 to over $100 million.
* Evaluated, advised and purchased businesses as
strategic investments from $10 - 150 million.
* Developed and refined a profitable capital product
portfolio in excess of $2B targeted at the largest residential homebuilders.
* Organized foreign government conference of financial
officials, academics and bankers on the development of a mortgage market.
application portfolio and platform review.
Designing, re-engineering, and implementing Financial
Risk Management and Mitigation
* Implemented GSE loan level credit loss accounting
processes that enabled analysis of actual results by loss type and driver which dramatically increased credit loss understanding.
* Developed GSE loss mitigation evaluation tools
and foreclosure avoidance alternatives to help maximize returns from troubled loan portfolios.
* Developed nationwide asset valuation process
for assessing unique real estate asset collaterals for complex financial transactions.
* Redesigned GSE loss forecasting models and
processes leveraging underlying loan data that supplemented traditional “recent trend” characteristics.
Sales, Pricing and New Product Development
* Developed a GSE single-family loan profitability
reporting data warehouse to analyze actual results against credit and float models used for pricing and purchasing loans.
* Improved secondary mortgage marketing processes
to allow for the hedging of interest rate risk with security sales to Wall Street and other large institutional investors.
* Defined and implemented IT and Operations processes
for several new Investment Banking businesses.
* Developed Internet model for retail and
wholesale loan distribution channels.
* Developed processes and procedures for delivery
of real estate capital products to the investment market.
* Created a new GSE debt security issuance platform
reducing cycle-time and improving operational efficiency.
* Expanded GSE derivative types and related
hedges to reduce corporate finance funding costs.
* Created a nationwide Originator development
program based on tenure and aptitude.
* Created portfolio management proprietary
a GSE mortgage insurance process to identify and track multiple loan level claims. Enabled MI company access (via portal) to aid contract reconciliation.
* Designed a large and geographically disperse training architecture for regulatory
Compliance, Regulation and Controls
* Defined and re-engineered Derivative Operations
and IT processes that enhanced automation and control.
* Reengineered a major securities regulator
including the innovative use of leading technologies.
and implemented computer-assisted techniques to comprehensively evaluate the design of GSE internal controls
and the accuracy of financial statement balances.
broker early warning oversight software applications including advanced detection and surveillance systems leveraging
sophisticated statistical models, financial data capture, regulatory form filing, a field examination workbench, and
churning detection processes.
Gathering and defining requirements
* Developed a GSE loss event-tracking model
assessing operating capital requirements within the Basel II capital adequacy framework.
* Evaluated, designed and implemented a commercial
bank’s integrated front-end mortgage origination/processing system.
* Implemented multiple secondary mortgage
marketing, pricing, and fraud systems.
Defined requirements, documented
workflow and implemented an automated annual Code of Conduct questionnaire serving over 3,000 GSE employees.
Advised the Finance organization on the structure and governance of the resulting enterprise-wide risk and